Monday, May 3, 2010

New Location


A few weeks back OWL was moved to the N.End Lobster Co op on Westport. I'm much happier working on the boat here and it doesn't hurt that I can walk to it. I'm still in the deconstruction phase unfortunately. A few high priority issues have come up that's keeping me away from grinding the fiberglass off the interior of the boat. Or maybe I don't like that part of the restoration? In short, I'm not going to rush her in the water this year. Instead I will concentrate on getting her covered and doing the job right.

There is one main bulkhead remaining. I want the boat to moved to it's permanent location before I take that out. She will get a new mast beam while I'm at it. I can justify leaving a 40 year old ugly glassed peice of wood under the mast step while I have the bulkheads out. I'm getting a lot of help with the Plastic Classics forum and some other local experts. I considered keeping the ice box but when I inspected it a little closer I quickly decided it was time to go. I've been enjoying reading Ferenc Mate's From a Bare Hull for lot's ideas and instructions for bulkhead replacement.

I'll be working on removing the starboard settee, replacing the knees and glassing in some stringers over the next few months. I also have to figure out what electrical to keep since much of it needs to be replaces and was not necessary.

Follow Jayswave on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment