Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Pulling the trigger


I've looked at dozens of boats and spent countless hours looking for boats for sale. That's an addiction that will probably not subside. I had sold my previous boat (1971 Bristol 24) a few years back to a good friend of mine that was in the market. I owned Scout for 10 years and I wasn't spending as much time sailing as I wanted since I had two young ones at home. Scout was my first sail boat so I learned a lot about sailing during those years. I sailed her as far south as Edgartown, MA and as far north as Southwest Harbor. Most of her time was spent in Scituate Harbor on the south shore of MA. Once she got a taste of Maine waters she never left.


It was a nice break but three years later I found myself looking a 32 to 34 foot classic plastics. My favorite of all the boats was the Pearson Vanguard but I found the cost and amount of work they needed more than I could take on right now.







No comments:

Post a Comment