Sunday, July 10, 2011

Bulkhead Preparation



Since the last post I've been sanding the inside of the hull and preparing the boat for the bulkheads. While doing that I've had my share of dump runs tossing out old fiberglass tabbing and pieces of old plywood. Marine plywood has been purchased and one bulkhead is 90% ready. Next job is to smooth out the inside of the hull where the bulkheads will be attached and fill the chain plate slots with a thickened epoxy mix as well. Once the structural bulkheads are in I'll begin to smooth out the ceiling and install the stringers and knee's. It's been a while since I've done epoxy work so I'd rather not tab in the structural bulkheads until I'm confident in my glassing. I have the help of some local experts online and off so I should be fine.

I also purchased a 9.9 Honda 4 stroke this spring. Can I get OWL in the water in 2012? Not at this pace. I better pick up the pace.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, looks like your really going to town on the interior. I guess it's like one of those things where once you start you just have to keep going until you get to something resusable... In this case, it's the hull. I suspect I' will be doing the same when I go for the interior rebuild on Magic (I think I want to go sailing again before I do that though).

    ReplyDelete